Sunday, September 17, 2006

MUSIC ???

Expectations ran high in the crowd and all became live! The reason was obvious, SILK ROUTE was coming to the town for the first time. Without going into making predictions of how the others felt, let me tell you that I'm an ardent fan of this particular band(read 'their songs') and had high hopes when I bought the tickets (for me and a friend that I draged along with me, who has trouble understanding hindi, so you can well imagine the situation).

As much as I love their songs, I hate them now !They came late and put us through so much trouble that I'll think twice before going to another concert.In place of them we had another band. This group set a new example of it's kind today! Without exagerating let me state the whole affair with saying just this >> The concert hall was emptied saying that the sound system had to be tested (I still can't think why it was not possible to test the sound with people inside!). The people who had all gathered to have a nice evening went through the inconvenience of vacating their seats and moving out of the hall. Now, the anticipated band entered the stage and while the anxious crowd waited outside, they started practicing inside and were loud enough to be heard outside (why in heavens name did I buy the tickets!). A near stampede situation was created near the enterence of the hall, and they were still practicing inside!!! When they were through with all that they had to sing/perform in the show, the gates were thrown open for the public (who were somehow still eager to get inside and hear the same stuff again!).

Thus, frustated and greatly moved by the pathetic condition of our bands of national and local fame, I started moving towards my college and behold, I got music when I least wanted wanted it! Right there in the bus, blaring at my tender, sleepy and thoroughly annoyed ears! Our nation needs basic traning in civic sense!

Even right now when I write this blog, I'm given a treat(ment) of loud and painful music. My friend Nikhil says often, "Music without life is like life without music!" How true, yet how much I want this "life" to stop dead before me right now so that I can do the things that make the life more meaninful in a better way!

2 comments:

sandy said...

dude...the reason behind the whole situation that was created was that silk route was late in their arrival....so they were to be engaged by some other music troupe who were successful in getting blood out of the students ears n then came the much awaited band...but in buses wat u have said i totally agree with u...may be the language problem makes so uncomfortable....but as far as national bands are concerned they really carry some respect with them where ever they go....

pourush said...

tht brings me to the questn abt professionalism..many of u might hav wantd to hav their money back for the obvious mismanagement..shudnt silk route itself b made to realise tht even if no national tv reportd their supposed 'pro show', they had made a commitment n shud've stood by it..

or...mayb they were on time..nit itself is responsible for the delay, or inviting the other band for apparently no reason at all..i hear it sucked bigtime!!..

im on very thin ice here..mayb wat i comment on totally didnt happen in its absolute sense..forgiv me if tht was the case..